These Fried Raw Banana with Mojo (Garlic Sauce) are the ultimate savory dish which can be served as an appetizer or side dish. Don’t forget to serve this with a mojito! Enjoy!
For Mojo Sauce:
Garlic – 4 cloves
Sour Orange – 1
Sour Orange juice – 1/4 cup
Olive oil – 1/4 cup
Coriander leaves – chopped
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
For Fried Banana:
Green Banana – 3
Oil for frying
Preparation Method :
Prepare Mojo Sauce:
- Minced garlic very fine with salt, just like a paste and put in a bowl.
- Peel the orange from top to bottom using a knife to remove all the white pith.
- Roughly chop them into small piece and add into bowl. Squeeze another sour orange into the bowl.
If more juice is needed, you can add olive oil.
- Now add Chopped coriander leaves, salt and pepper. Stir to mix well and set aside.
Prepare Fried Banana:
- Peel the banana. Cut them into 1 inch thick round.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the banana for 3-4 minutes on each side or until they are golden brown. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Using the bottom of a can or glass, press the banana into a craggy disc.
- Fry the banana again until crispy and golden brown, about 2 or 3 minutes. Remove them from the oil and drain on fresh paper towels.
- Season with some salt and enjoy with the Mojo sauce.