French toast, also known as eggy bread, Bombay toast, German toast, gypsy toast, poor knights, or Torrija, is a dish made of bread soaked in milk, then in beaten eggs and then fried.
Bread Slices – 4
Eggs – 4
Onion chopped – 1 big size
Tomato Chopped – 1 medium size
Green Chill Chopped – 3 – 4
Coriander Leaves – Finely Chopped
Cheddar Cheese Slices – 4 slices
Turmeric Powder – A Pinch
Red Chilli powder – 1/4 tsp ( As per taste)
Salt to Taste
Coriander & Mint Chutney – As per taste
- In a large Bowl whisk the eggs. Add chopped onions, chopped tomato, green chill, coriander leaves, turmeric powder, red chilli powder & salt to taste. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Take 2 bread slices at a time. In both slice spread a Tbsp of Chutney. Now add 2 Cheese slice on 1 bread slice & cover it with other.
- Slice the bread diagonally, it will look like triangle.
- Heat a flat pan and grease it with some oil.
- Dip the bread slices in egg batter and let it soak in the batter for about 20-30 sec.
- Put the soaked bread slices on the Pan. Cook each side for about a minutes till it turns golden brown.
- Serve Hot with some Tomato Ketchup.
- Enjoy this French Toast with Cheezy Twist.