Chicken Changezi is one of the most afghan popular dishes. Chicken changezi recipe is a perfect dinner recipe that you may enjoy with naan, butter naan, roti or rice.
Chicken Changezi Recipe
- 500 gm Chicken
- 2 pcs Onions
- 2 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Cup Thick Curd
- 3/4 Cup Full Cream Milk
- 3/4 Cup Cream
- 20 pcs Cashewnuts
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Chat Masala
- 1 tsp Corianader Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 3-4 pcs Green Chilli Slit
- 6-7 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Cup Fresh Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp Dry Fenugreek leaves
- Coriander leaves For Garnishing
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, add chicken, 1/2 tsp salt, red chili powder, lemon juice, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste and mix it well. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Now add Curd and mix well. Add this mixture into a pan and cook until the gravy dry out.
- Now in a seperate kadhai heat 6-7 Tbsp of oil and add sliced onions and cashewnuts. Saute them till they are light brown. Transfer this mixture into blender and blend it into a smooth puree.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan, add 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Now add tomato puree. and mix it well cook for minute.
- Now add milk, cook for 3-4 minutes and bring it to boil.
- Now add garam masala, coriander powder, chat masala and mix well.
- Add fresh cream and mix well.
- Add onion paste and mix well. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes or till the gravy gets thicken.
- Now add cooked chicken in it and mix well.
- Add green chill and kasoori methi. Mix well. Garnish with coriander leaves .
- Serve Hot with rice, naan, paratha or rice. I love to eat with laccha paratha.