Its another Indo-Chinese cuisine or street food manchurian recipe prepared with grated cabbage and manchurian sauce. It is one of the favourite fast food item for foodies.
One day my taste buds asked me to make some chinese food, but since i was shortage of vegetables so i tried it with only cabbage and 1 carrot that i had in my home.Its taste so delicious that even my husband could not resist it and we both enjoyed it.
Even, my 1.5 year daughter loves the balls made with cabbage and carrot. Of-course for her i didn’t add red chilli powder.
A crispy and popular indian street food recipe comes in both gravy and dry version and is often served with fried rice recipe.
Cabbage Manchurian Dry Recipe
For Cabbage Balls
- 2 Cup Cabbage finely chopped
- 1 Pcs Carrot grated
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Tbsp Cornflour
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose flour/ Maida
- Salt to taste
- Water Little If required
- Oil for Deep Frying
For Dry Gravy
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 pcs Garlic Cloves Chopped
- 1 Pcs Green Chilli Chopped
- 4 Tbsp Spring Onion Chopped
- 1/2 Capsicum diced
- 1 Tbsp Chilli Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- Black Pepper As per taste
- Salt As per taste
- In a large bowl take chopped cabbage, grated carrot and ginger garlic paste.
- Now add red chill powder, cornflour, all purpose flour, salt .
- Combine well and make a soft dough. Add little water if required.
- Make small ball of the batter and deep fry them in hot oil. When balls are half done take it out on an absorbent paper.
- Cool them and agin deep fry them in hot oil until golden brown. This will make ball more crispy.
- Now in another pan, heat oil add chopped garlic, spring onion and green chilli.
- Now add chilli sauce, tomato ketchup, soya sauce and vinegar. Add salt and black pepper.
- Add diced capsicum and saute for a minute.
- Now add fried ball and mix gently.
- Cabbage Manchurian is ready to eat . Sprinkle some spring onion and serve hot.