Balushahi is deep fried crunchy dough disks that are cooled and then soaked in a sugar syrup.
All purpose flour (Maida )- 250 gm
Baking Powder – 1/4 tsp
Unsalted Butter- 50 gm (Melted)
Baking Soda – A pinch
Curd – 100 gm
Sugar – 250 gm
Water – As required
Cardamom Powder – 1tsp
Ghee for frying
Almonds – For decoration
- In a bowl take maida ,baking soda,baking powder (mix well) add butter and crumble it. Now add curd mix well
Note: Don’t kneed dough too much.
- Keep aside for 10 -15 min.
- After 15 min knead the dough again.
- Divide the dough in equal parts & make small dumplings (round shape). Make a hole in the middle.
- In another pan mix water & sugar. Bring to boil cook till it reaches 1 string consistency syrup. Now add cardamom powder.
- In a pan heat ghee.
- Deep fry dumplings till golden brown on slow flame. Take dumplings out.
- Pour syrup above the fried dumplings with spoon.
- Garnish with Almonds and Enjoy eating .
They say husband’s Gate to heart goes via Tummy. So here are some yummy food for tummy.