Vindaloo is an Indian curry dish popular in the region of Goa derived from Portuguese, is a dish of meat marinated in wine and garlic.
Most vindaloo recipes that you’ll find are for chicken vindaloo – A tomato based dish with a complex blend of spices which, very often, packs quite a bit of heat. I wanted to take that same dish, but turn it into a completely vegetarian meal – worth of my non-vegetarian friends.
Potato Vindaloo is a spicy potato curry that has a distinct taste. It is perfect for a vegetarian lunch or dinner. It has many variations depending on the ingredients available regionally, but is universally high on spice levels.
Aloo Vindaloo Recipe
- 3 Pcs Large Potato
- 2 Medium Onion Sliced
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 2'' Pcs Ginger
- 15 cloves garlic
- 20-25 Pcs Black Pepper
- 8-10 Pcs Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1-2'' Pcs Cinnamon Stick
- 15-20 pcs Whole Dry Red Chilli As Per Taste
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- Oil for Deep Frying Potatoes
- Par boil the potatoes. Peel and cube them and prick them with fork. Deep fry them until golden brown.Keep aside.
- Dry Roast all the spices and Grind to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the onions and saute till translucent. Then add the spice paste and fry for about 10-15 mins on a low flame, till it start leaving the oil.
- Add the potatoes and mix them well in the masala for 3-5 mins.Then add about 1 cup of water and salt . Mix well, cover and simmer till the potatoes are cooked well.
- Sprinkle some sugar and stir once before switching off.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves and Serve Hot.