Gobhi Musallam is a very presentable and non Spicy north Indian dish for parties, dinners and for special occasions. Musallam is a mughal word meaning whole and this dish means a whole Gohbi (cauliflower). It is a nice change from the usual Gobi aloo ki sabzi and it is absolutely delicious and an interesting way to enjoy cauliflower.
Cauliflower – 1 whole
Onion – 2 paste
Onion – 1 small (chopped)
Tomato – 3 puree
Bay leaves – 2-3
Cinnamon sticks – 2
Javitri – 1
Green Cardamom – 2
Phool chakri – 1
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Black Pepper 5-6
Whole coriander seeds – 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic Green chilli Paste – 2 Tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 2 Tbsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1 Tbsp
Salt to taste
Cashewnut Paste – 2 Tbsp
Yoghurt -1/2 cup
Fresh Cream – 1/2 cup
Water as required
Mustard oil – 4-5 Tbsp
Oil – for Pan fry Cauliflower
- Boil water with some salt. Blanch the cauliflower in hot water for about 5 minutes each side or total 10 minutes.
- Strain the cauliflower.
- Now heat 7-8 Tbsp of oil in a kadhai and pan fry the cauliflower.
- Now heat mustard oil in a kadhai. Add all the whole spices. Saute for a minute and add chopped onion.
- When onion gets light brown add Onion paste. Cook until onions are golden brown.
- Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and 2 Tbsp of water and mix well.
- Add tomato puree. Mix well. Cover the lid and lets the masala cooks well.
- Add Salt and when oil gets separate add 1/4 cup of water. Mix well.
- Add Cashewnut paste, Curd and fresh cream. Mix well and let it cook for 1-2 minute.
Check the consistency of the gravy if you want you can add water
- Now add fry cauliflower in the gravy and with the help of the spoon pour the gravy inside the cauliflower. Flip over the cauliflower carefully and do the same.
- Cover the lid and get it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Gobi Musallam is Ready to Serve. Its Glaring like a Sun.
- Serve Hot with Paratha or Puri. Yummy
Categories: Main Course