Khajur Roll is Sweetened rolls loaded with dates and dry fruits. Best thing about this desert / sweet dish is that there is no sugar in this, yes you read it correct “No Sugar” sweet dish.
Khajur (Dates) – 350 grams (seeded and chopped)
Black Til (Black Sesame Seeds) – 2 teaspoon
Desiccated Coconut – 2 teaspoon
Dried Ginger Powder – 1 teaspoon
Butter (Ghee) – 2 Tablespoon
Chopped Almonds – 1 Tablespoon
Chopped Cashewnuts – 1 Tablespoon
Chopped Pistachios – 1 Tablespoon
- Heat ghee in non-stick pan. Add khajur and cook till they turn soft.
- Add sesame seeds, desiccated coconut and dried ginger powder. Mix well and cook further.
- Add chopped almonds, cashewnuts and pistachios. Mix Well.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Spread mixed dry fruit powder and desiccated coconut on a plate.
- Take the date mixture, roll into a cylinder and coat in dry fruits.
- Refrigerate for 10 -15 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve.
This recipe is dedicated to Raksha Bandhan festival. In Raksha Bandhan there is Shimmer of every color in the relationship of brother and sister.