Chatpate Mango Rice is just yummy, once big reason is because we all just love mangoes whether it in raw or ripe form. I know just with the name of mango you have watering mouth…Don’t forget raw mango is best Partner of expecting mothers… So lets see how to make this yummy mango rice.
Cooked Rice – 1 & 1/2 cup
Raw mango – 1 cup grated
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1tsp
Urad dal – 1tsp
Chana dal – 1tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Roasted Peanuts – 3 Tbsp
Coconut grated – 2 Tbsp
Curry leaves – 8-10
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Green Chilli – 2 slit
Coriander leaves – 2 Tbsp (chopped)
Mint leaves – 1 Tbsp (chopped)
Lime juice – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Add mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, asafoetida and curry leaves. Allow them to splutter.
- Add roasted peanuts and saute for a minute.
- Add raw mango, green chilli and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until mango gets tender.
- Add cooked rice and salt to taste.
- Gently fold the rice with mango and cover. Let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Now add grated coconut, coriander leaves and mint. Mix well.
- Turn off the heat. Add lime juice and mix well.
- Mango rice is ready to serve.
- Yummy Mango rice is ready to eat or to pack for Lunch Box.
Categories: Main Course