Matar Mushroom is not just tasty but also extremely healthy. Matar and mushrooms are both very nutritious and flavourful ingredients, plus when you cook them with a luscious onion tomato masala and powdered spices great taste is guaranteed. The addition of cashewnut paste does increase the calories but it gives it a slight nutty creamy sweetness which I love. I like eating matar mushrooms with simple roti or plain steamed rice.
Button Mushroom – 250 gm
3/4 cup – Frozen Peas or fresh Peas
Onion – 2
Ginger – 1/2 inch
Garlic – 5-6
Cashewnuts – 10-12
Green Chilli – 2
Coriander Powder – 1 Tbsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Salt – To Taste
Oil – 3-4 Tbsp
Water – 1 1/2 cup (As required)
Preparation Method :
- Cut Mushroom into pieces.
- In a Blender add Onions, green chilli, ginger , garlic, Coriander Powder, Garam Masala, red chilli powder and Turmeric and blend into a smooth paste by adding water if required.
- Heat oil in a Pan. Add cumin seeds, when seeds gets splutter add Onion paste. Saute the paste for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add Salt and mix well .
- In a blender take tomatoes and cashewnuts and blend .
- Now add tomato paste into a Kadhai. Cook the masala until oil gets separates.
- Now add mushrooms and peas, Mix well and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water as required.
- Cover the lid and cook until mushrooms and peas are done.
- Serve hot with Roti or Plain Steamed Rice.
Categories: Main Course