Stuffed Turai is my Mother’s Recipe. Usually I hate Turai but when my mom cooked Turai like this I am a great fan of this .So here is the recipe for Stuffed Turai easy to make and yummy to eat.
Turai ki Sabji (Ridge gourd) is loved by some and hated by many especially by children. Its just Unusual to find someone who really loves Turai. Its neutral taste many people find it boring, but turai is one of those vegetables that absorbs all other flavors wonderfully and makes the dish amazingly delicious. Turai ki sabzi is a very simple dish; wonderfully seasoned and Yummy to eat.
Turai – 2
Coriander Powder – 2 Tbsp
Garam Masala – 1 Tbsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4tsp
Dry Mango Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil – 3-4 Tbsp
- Wash and Peel the turai.
- Mix all the dry spices in a plate.
- Make length wise slit in the turai and stuffed the dry spices.
- Now cut the turai into equal parts.
- Heat oil in a Kadhai, and add stuffed turai slowly in the Kadai . Sprinkle the remaining masala over it and cover the lid.
- Let it cook for 3- 4 minutes and slowly turn the side .
- Again let it cook for 2-3 minutes or until its done.
Don’t overcook the turai, they must be soft but still be able to hold there shape.
- Serve Hot with Dal Rice or Any Indian Breads.
Categories: Main Course