Chicken Curry or Chicken Masala is cooked in varity of ways in Indian Sub-Continent.
I am going to share with you one of my own style of making chicken masala.
Chicken – 500gm
Onion – 4 finely sliced
Tomato – 1 finely sliced
Green chili – 3-4
Ginger garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
Oil – 4-5 tbsp
Clove – 5-6
Cinnamon – 1
Bay leaf – 2
Green Cardamom – 2
Black Cardamom – 1
Chicken masala powder – 2Tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tbsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2tbsp
Coriander powder – 1 + 1/2 Tbsp
Red chilli powder – 1Tbsp
Salt to taste
Water as required – 1 + 1/2 cup
- Heat oil in a Kadhai. When oil is hot, add whole garam masala.
- When Masala gets splutter add Sliced onions, green chillies.
Make sure that whole garam masala doesn’t get over cooked or burn in oil
- Saute for 2-3 minutes now add Ginger garlic paste.
- When onion gets slightly brown add Chicken pieces. Mix well and again cook for around 7 minutes.
- Now add Turmeric powder, Red chilli powder, Garam Masala, Chicken Masala.
- Mix well and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- When masala gets cooked add Sliced Tomatoes.
- Mix well and let it cook for 3-4 minutes.
- When Tomato gets soften add water and let it simmer for 8 – 10 minutes until gravy gets thicken.
By this time chicken should be properly cooked.
- Serve Hot with Chapati or Rice.
Chicken Masala if cooked in Soil pot, just tastes fabulous.
Categories: Main Course