Dum Aloo Kashmiri belongs to Kashmiri cuisines. In this dish fried Potato shells are stuffed with Paneer, Dry fruits & scooped potato & is cooked in spicy silky gravy. This dish go well with any type of Indian breads or Rice, but i love it with Butter nan.
Potato – 4 Big size
Crumbled Paneer – 100 gm
Green Chillies – 2 (Finely Chopped)
Raisins – 8-10
Cashew nuts – 15-20
Chat Masala – As per taste
Kasoori Methi – 1 Tsp
Coriander powder – 1 Tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – A pinch
Chilli Powder – As per Taste
Cumin seeds -1/4tsp
Onion – 2( Paste)
Tomato – 3 ( Puree)
Whole Garam Masala
Salt – As per taste
Cream – Optional
Oil for Frying
- Cut Potatoes into half. Scoop out Potatoes (for stuffing).
- Then fry the scooped potatoes and the trimmings left from scooping
- Mash the fried trimmings and add Crumbled Paneer, chopped cashew nuts, raisins, cumin powder, coriander powder, chat masala, chilli powder, coriander leaves, chopped green chillies, salt to taste and mix it well.
- Stuff the mixture into the scooped potato shells.
- Heat oil in a pan, add whole garam Marsala, cumin, onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add turmeric and ginger garlic paste, Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder, Chilli Powder, little water and cook for few minutes.
- Add cashew and tomato paste and cook on slow flame till oil separates out.
- Add water and cook covered till sauce is nice silky.
- Add potatoes and simmer for few more minutes
- Add kasoori methi (Crushed by Palms), coriander leaves and finish of with cream.
Categories: Main Course